Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Wash-off Lotion

This is what I like to call "skin conditioner." You put it on in the shower, wait a couple of minutes, then rinse it off, just like you would do for your hair.

Recipe: 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted) + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 4 tbsp shea butter (melted)

Now, when I say "melted" in relation to shea butter, I mean heat it up for about 10 seconds then mash it into a thick paste with the back of a spoon. Don't melt it until it's completely an oil, or this won't work.

Take all the ingredients, mix them together until you have smooth paste, then stick it in the freezer for an hour. When you take it out, you'll have a solid, but it will be like lip balm...so you can just run your finger over it to pick some up.

All these ingredients are great for your skin, especially if you take a long shower. I use it on my hands on hair washing days, just because I'm in the shower for a long time and am using a lot of soap/shampoo, so it keeps my hands from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment